Monday, August 10, 2009

How do bloggers do this?

I am so far behind on blogging! I don't know how people have time to do this. I am more than a week behind so I am going to have to do a "week in review" type of entry.

The week started off visiting with family in Red Deer. We had a chance to go to the Collicut Centre for a fun swim. We finally headed back to Calgary. Home at last. Even the kids were happy to have a bit of normal life again. Albeit it didn't last long!

On Wednesday my sister and mom picked up my kids and took them down south for a couple of weeks. My sister has them enrolled in swimming lessons in her town. She has been under a lot of stress lately with her husband working out of town and was looking forward to having Babbling Brook there to help her. BB is a great helper! Especially with the younger kids. J-Bear is doing what he does best, keeps her laughing. lol

The World Waterski-Wakeboard competition started on Tuesday and Regan has been looking forward to this for almost 2 years! He went out on Tuesday by himself to catch the action and I joined him on Wednesday after the kids left. We spent Thursday night, all day Friday, Saturday and Sunday at the competition. It was super cool. Being with Regan was like being with a kid in the candy store. This was definitely up his alley! He got some pictures and autographs of skiiers he has idolized for years and some new ones too. Canada made us proud and won first over all! It was cool to see the athletes receive their awards and hear the anthems playing. It's cool to see it on TV but in person its even that much more powerful!

We had one night that we made it to the late show of the new Harry Potter movie. The movie ended at almost 2:00am so you can imagine how tired we were the next day. Good thing all we had to do the next day was sit and watch the skiiers!

When we got home last night, we had a chance to look around the house for the first time in weeks. Our house was a disaster! We finally took some time to clean the house and get some laundry done. I can't believe how much better I feel when my house is in order. Now if I could just get caught up on everything else... lol

No comments:

Post a Comment