Sunday, September 27, 2009

Grey's Anatomy

Like most people, I like to watch the occasional T.V. show.
I really have gotten into watching Grey's Anatomy the last 2 seasons.




I like watching the drama of other people's lives. It makes me grateful that things aren't really like that.


Or are they...



What do you do when T.V. life starts to emulate real life?


We received some horrible news today. Regan's 32 year old cousin, mother of 4 (ages 4-12) has been diagnosed with stage 4 melanoma. Very similar to Izzy's condition from the show, she too had very minimal, if any signs that something was wrong. Only the reality is, is that she has been given 5-12 months to live. There's no writer strike, there's no contract negotiations, no one is leaving to go to a different show.

This is reality. And it sucks.

This is Regan's 4th cousin to have cancer, 3 more are now being tested and the second one in this family to be given a time line.

Any extra prayers would be appreciated for this family.

6 comments:

  1. Wow...that's scary. :( Hugs and prayers for your family for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw. geez...sorry babe. For you AND Regan of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I could do something for you guys, that is awful news. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awful. I read that and thought, what would I do? My prayers are with all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending lots of love your way... xo

    ReplyDelete