Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Retro night

We had my oldest brother and his wife and two of their kids come stay with us the other night. We decided to be adventurous and went rollerskating. Not rollerblading, but rollerskating. I don’t think the place has changed in 30 years, even the smell!





What a strange feeling to be back on the roller skates! I am not a big rollerblading person, so it truly has been over 20 years since I roller skated. Regan and I had been there while we were dating for a young single adult activity with our church, but we roller bladed back then. Yes Deb, we had roller blades back then! LOL


It took a few rounds around the track before I started to feel comfortable on the skates. My kids and husband were much faster than I was, but I blame that on me having the camera! *CL and I went around several times just chatting it up about our summers. We did even notice that most of our family had been sitting down for a while! Regan and I then joined up and skated around together for a while. J-Bear skated up to us and was joking that “this is like a date for you two!” If only he knew that every time Regan and I are together we try to treat it like a date. It was nice to hold hands with him and just skate together. It’s moments like that that remind us of how much we enjoy each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment