Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Canada Day

Happy Birthday Canada!

Today was a quiet day for me. Regan had to work and because I was not moving much (knee) he called his dad and asked if he would take the kids to the Raymond parade. So I stayed home and relaxed and worked on a blanket that I am crochetting. Basically I kept my knee up all day. I have to admit I missed having the kids around but knew they would be having a much better time with the grandparents than being stuck at home with me.

The kids woke up early to be ready to go when Grandma and Grandpa S. came to pick them up. They were very excited to go despite the early hour during their summer holidays. They had a great time down in Southern Alberta. They met up with other family members and watched the parade together and gathered WAY too much candy! When the kids got home Regan and I asked them about their day. Which lead to the following conversation:
(you have to imagine Babbling Brook talking a mile a minute)

Dad: "What was the best part?"
J-Bear: "The whole day was the best part dad!"
BB: "Yeah dad, we got to go to Subway for breakfast, we got candy during the parade and then we went to Aunt June's house for lunch and dad did you know they have Dr.Pepper freezies, and then we got to have more candy and then we went to more families houses and had more treats and then when we left we went to McDonalds for supper and then we ate the candy on the way home."
Dad: "So I take it you had some sugar today. Did you try the freezies?"
BB: "Yep, I had 6 and they were jumbo size"
Dad: " 6 Jumbo freezies??"
BB: " Well 10 if you count the smaller ones"
J-Bear: "and I got to have root beer at McDonalds too!"

LOL I have to laugh cuz no matter how you look at their sugar intake today, they were still in the truck with Grandma and Grandpa for a 2.5 hour drive home afterwards.

Needless to say they had a great time and were still hyper when they got home. Which lead to Regan trying to wear them out by playing "steam roller".

Ah... good times!

2 comments:

  1. It was a fun day for sure in Raymond. Its amazing how many people can cram into that little town.

    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun to see the kids at Aunt June's house. They had a great time at the playground across the street.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete