Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Monitored

I have been looking forward and dreading this day for months. Today is the day I get to wear a Holter Monitor for 24 hours. So I have the fears of what if they find something wrong and the fears of what if they don't find something, then what? Despite the knee injury, today is the day I have to stress my heart so the doctors can find the problem.

The appointment started off a little rough. Literally! The tech wipes your skin with rubbing alcohol and then takes sandpaper to your skin where she then sticks the electrode thingys on. Most of that was not too bad except for the last one. She really dug into my skin with the sandpaper. When I naturally jumped a bit, she mocked me! What the? Let me take that to your skin and see how you like it! After she hooked up the electrodes she gave me a piece of paper and said bye. Ok? As I was leaving I was holding my side where she burned me with the sandpaper. Babbling Brook quickly asked in the hallway if it hurts. I said one of them really does, its actually burning and the lady was quite rude borderline mean. Wouldn't you know it a gentleman in the hallway over heard me and questioned my reaction. Seems he is the doctor of the clinic and was not happy to hear I had a negative experience. He quickly brought me back in to the clinic to have someone else take a look at the one that was burning. She readjusted the tape and all was MUCH better. Note to future techs if the sandpaper draws blood you're pushing too hard maybe !

Since then I have been at the gym, running around, doing anything I can to set off my heart. I know the chances of catching my problem are slim, but I think I may have had a few close calls. Now I am utterly exhausted and my knee is killing me, but if I don't have to do this again then it will all be worth it right?

Babbling Brook and J-Bear had some pretty funny moments today. Regan and I have been doing the exercise class "Ripped" and the kids wanted to try it. We bought a couple DVDs of the class, so the kids put one in today to try it out. Hehehe. I wish I could have recorded the whole time. BB finished the whole hour (no surprise there) and J-Bear made it almost 40 minutes. They had weights, used step stools as steps and blankets as mats. It was great listening to them do the class and even funnier that they are both sore from it too!

1 comment:

  1. I like your heart just the way it is. I hope they find nothing wrong with it and yet, I understand that maybe I hope they find *something* wrong.

    He he. I put 'hoe' instead of hope. Funny me.

    ReplyDelete