Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Happy Birthday to You

Ok, so I had a terrible sleep last night. I woke up at 1:45am to the sound of the song Happy birthday to you. I sat up in bed and questioned the noise, but it stopped right away. I figured I must have dreamt it and went back to sleep. 5 minutes later I woke again hearing the same noise, I got out of bed and opened my bedroom door and again the noise had stopped. What the ? I again went back to bed and again I heard the noise a few minutes later. So I got up and was sure it was coming from Babbling Brook's room. I opened her door and loudly asked if that was her, but nope she was sound asleep, she didn't even budge from me being so loud. Now I am confused. So as the typical worry wort mom that I am I quickly jump to conclusions that there is someone in the house trying to lure my kids away with the happy birthday song. (I laugh about that now, but at 2 am it seemed real) So after waiting at the top of my stairs listening for any sounds that would confirm my fears, I hear nothing. ARGGG what is that sound and why does it keep going away??

Again I go back to bed. It's now 2:15 am, I am distracted, tired and Regan is now snoring (which in all fairness he normally never does). I lay in bed awake for another 15 minutes when I hear the song again. This time I was going to find it. I ran out of bed, swung open the door, turned the hallway lights on and just listened. It's coming from the bathroom??? Ok I go in the kids bathroom and wait for the noise again. After tearing about the medicine cabinet and the shelf above the toilet I FINALLY find the noise coming from the garbage can. Right on top was this silly straw from the dollar store that this kids got from a birthday party over a year ago that when you drink from it, it plays the happy birthday song. Seriously it starts to go crazy in the middle of the night?

After realizing you can't take out the battery, I threw the silly thing out the door took the toy to the kitchen garbage and completely burried it so I couldn't hear it again! So again I go back to bed trying to relax from the annoying toy and finally at almost 3am....zzzzzzzz.

4 comments:

  1. hahaha.
    Look at you, all *scratchy-outty-the-wordy*. Yay! You CAN teach an old dog new tricks.

    BAHAHA. (ya, that sentence rocked. I talked about you being old, I called you a b**CH and I referred to your 'tricks'.) MAUAHAHAHA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was just reminding you of a certains BFF's upcoming birthday! That's all!

    ReplyDelete