Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Thanksgiving weekend

We celebrated our thanksgiving like alot of Canadians. We went shopping in the states! lol The dollar is very close to par and judging by all the sales, they were expecting us. Even at the border the lady asked us if we were going down to visit all our next door neighbours and she didn't mean the US citizens!


We went down to Kalispell for the weekend. We had stayed over night at my parents house and left early Saturday morning. We had a FANTASTIC day shopping. Even the kids were into it! We got our Halloween costumes and my daughter even got all her Christmas shopping done. I got a fair bit of things knocked off my Christmas list too.


My parents met up with us on that Saturday evening. We stayed at a hotel in Whitefish. It was the Holiday Inn Express. We stayed in a family room that slept 6. It had a water slide for the kids and a hot tub for the grandparents. I have to say, we were very impressed with this place. The price was very reasonable and that's not just cuz I split it 50/50 with my mom. The continental breakfast was easily a $20.00 a day savings in itself. If you are ever in the area, I would totally recommend this place.

The next day, the girls went in one vehicle and the boys went in another. It is alot different shopping with girls! We had a great time. My daughter is at a great age, she was right into the shopping thing and was helping grandma try to find new clothes. We ended up finding more things for her than we did for grandma though! We did some of the things boys wouldn't think to do. Like go up and down the isles at the grocery stores. Americans have a lot more selection of food than we do. (Ok my American bloggy friends, don't get excited, we just have higher food standards! lol) Seriously though, I got tons of products that we can't get up here, not to mention all the different flavors of pop we brought back!

We came home on Thanksgiving Monday, but not before we hit a few stores in Whitefish! hehe We had lots of fun shopping! Overall we had a great time with my parents.

2 comments:

  1. We don't have a better selection, just the same thing in different boxes so you think it is a new product. Seriously, how mnay generics of mac and cheese do we need? I lost count last time we were at the store. It is crazy!

    ReplyDelete