Saturday, September 4, 2010

Sweet Child O Mine

Just over a week ago, our bishop had asked us in church to pray for a family in our ward that had a baby girl that has some health issues. (You can follow their blog at justinandleah.blogspot.com ) My son barely ever listens at church, that we know of anyway, so I was very much taken back over the next part of my story.

The bishop had asked us as a ward to pray at both 7:00am and 7:00pm on the Monday following church for this family. And if possible to fast for them as well. Regan and I never talked to the kids about it until I was tucking Jared into bed.

Jared: Oh, I almost forgot

Me: Forgot what

Jared: Forgot to set my alarm

Me: Why are you setting your alarm, it's still summer?

Jared: To pray for the Gibb baby

Me: That's a great idea Buddy

Jared: I know that when I am a dad, and I have a little girl, I would want someone to pray for us. I have never fasted before, do you think the Lord will still help her if I can't skip 2 meals.

Me: Jared, the Lord knows your heart and will help you as you try to help others. I am proud of you.

I am so grateful to have the tender moments with my kids. To have the faith of a child...

No comments:

Post a Comment