Sunday, September 5, 2010

The fun parts of Summer 2010

So if you read my post from a few days ago, you know that this summer hasn't been the best. But there has still be some good things that have happened too.

On June 30th me and the kids went to the airport to pick up Grandpa and Grandma Shields from their adventure to China. The kids were so excited to see them! PLUS it was also the day that Eclipse came out. Which of course, Brooklyn and I had to sneak away from the grandparents to go see. :)

At the beginning of July we went down to where my sister lives and had a bit of a reunion for the July 1st celebrations. It's always good to start the summer with family.

We had put Jared in Soccer Camp for a week. Brook was great to take him every day while Regan and I were at work.

We then headed off to Surveyor's Lake with my parents, sister and family and a couple of Regan's sisters and their family. We didn't stay as long as we had originally planned, due to our injuries, but we did get to stay for 4 days. The weather was nice and it's a beautiful campground that we all enjoy.

When we got back from camping we put the kids in a basketball camp put on by the Southwinds Church. They had a great time and learned lots. So did I!! They had a craft table set up for the mom's that waited for their kids and they taught me lots about stamping! My SIL would have been so impressed with my new talent! LOL

At the end of that week, we headed down to the Magrath Celebrations. I have a family reunion there every year where we are visited by the ghost of Josephine.

We left our kids down there with my sister for the next two weeks. She enrolled them into swimming lessons at the outdoor pool in her town. The weather (during the day anyways) was really nice so the kids got quite a nice tan! Jared was able to pass off his level 4 in swimming and Brook was able to pass off levels 7, 8 & 9. You have no idea how grateful I am to my sister for doing that every year. Swimming lessons is not something I enjoy doing. I want my kids to be good swimmers, I just don't like watching them be so far away from life guards and safety and such.

The next week we actually got to see our kids this summer! But not for long. Just long enough to get all the back to school supplies! LOL

Brook then headed up to Olds for a basketball camp for 5 days. Which I must say was way harder on me than I thought it would be. I have never not been able to talk to my kids every day until she went off to camp. That was hard on both her and I.

While Brook was up North, Jared went down South to Aunt Deb's and Uncle Will's house. He had a lot of fun being away and getting to play with his cousins that he used to see everyday. It has been tough on the kids as well to have them move 2 hours away. MOVE BACK!! (K I know it won't happen, but you can't blame me for trying!)

The kids were only home for a few days when Regan's sister wanted them for a week, and since G'ma and G'pa Shields were bringing them down south for the Lethbridge parade the next day they already had a way there. So again they headed off to southern Alberta for some more family time. This was the first time that they stayed with this Aunt and Uncle without us. They had a great time. Brook got to help with the baby and Jared got to play with his Uncle that he has a pretty close connection with. It helps too that this Uncle has 3 girls and no boys, so I would imagine it's kinda fun for him to have another boy around the house to help even the odds! LOL

I am so grateful for ALL of my family! For those who were willing to take and love our kids this summer and help them have a fun summer while Regan and I had to work. Thank you!


2 comments:

  1. The only thing missing from your fun summer was.......yes, you KNOW what I am going to say...........a trip way down south to UTAH!!!!! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahem... Seems like you spend so much time down in southern Alberta... Maybe YOU should move!!! Lol

    ReplyDelete